Having reliable network security is crucial no matter what industry you’re in. A breach to a company’s network could be detrimental. Windemuller understands this and works to ensure the SCADA inventory and security advisory report service is in place to reduce the risk of data loss, sabotage and theft. We operate by identifying IP endpoints on the network, open listening ports, cross connected networks, and external vulnerabilities.
- Restrict connections to SCADA systems, specifically those that allow physical control and manipulation of devices within the SCADA network. One-way unidirectional monitoring devices are recommended to monitor SCADA systems remotely
- Install an advanced threat protection firewall software/hardware appliance with logging and ensure it is turned on. The firewall should be secluded and not permitted to communicate with unauthorized sources
- Keep computers, devices, applications, including SCADA/industrial control systems (ICS) software, patched and up-to-date
- Use two-factor authentication with strong passwords
- Only use secure networks and consider installing a virtual private network (VPN)
- Implement an update and patch management cycle. Patch all systems for critical vulnerabilities, prioritizing timely patching of internet-connected systems for known vulnerabilities and software processing Internet data, such as Web browsers, browser plugins, and document readers.
Windemuller Network Security Projects
- Traverse City Water Treatment Plant
- General Formulations, Inc. — Manufacturing Facility in Sparta, MI
- Gun Lake Water Treatment Plant
Industries are reporting a rise in network attacks. Is your organization ready?
To learn more, contact Homer Campbell by phone at (616) 877-8770 or by email.
Meet the Team Lead
Homer joined the industry in 2001 and now leads the IT department at Windemuller. Homer enjoys working with customers to understand their process and finding a technical solution that will help the customer run a more efficient business.Homer Campbell Senior IT Manager